Learning to Speak Spanish in Tenerife
"Tenerife is much more than sun and beaches; it is cultural mixture and above all the bridge to Latin America. You will live its pleasant temperatures throughout the year, forget about the winter and enjoy the sun from every corner. You will enjoy the musical accent of its people that is reminiscent of the ‘Guanches’ who inhabited the island long ago and marvel at the magnificent Teide volcano, which seems to guard the island from the heights. Once you have arrived, you will find it hard to leave."
Head of Studies in Tenerife
don Quijote school is located in the Edificio Bélgica, a traditional Canaries building. Just 5 minutes walking from the Martiánez Beach, 2 minutes from the famous ‘Lagos Martiánez’ and 10 minutes from the City Hall. The school has 7 well lit classrooms, a teachers’ room, a patio, office, multimedia classrooms, and a recreation area with television, hi-fi, library and videos. Due to its magnificent location you will be just minutes from beautiful beaches and recreational opportunities.
The Multimedia room
Reasons to study Spanish in Tenerife
- Population: 38,500 (Tenerife: 220,000).
- Location: Island in the Atlantic Ocean.
- There are two international airports in Tenerife.
- Tenerife is the largest island of the Canary archipelago.
- Tenerife called “the island of eternal spring”, the average temperature here is 27 degrees Celsius.
- A mountain chain runs through its centre. In the heart of this chain, there is a gigantic crater: Teide (the highest peak in Spain). It offers one of the most spectacular landscapes of the world.
- Tenerife has beaches with soft, clean sand that is sometimes black (from its volcanic origin) and sometimes golden.
- One of the most attractive and popular sites of the whole island is The Loro Parque with magnificent botanical gardens, the largest aquarium with penguins in Europe and exciting attractions.
- The carnival of Tenerife is a world-famous festivity and takes place all over the island but it shines with all its splendour in Puerto de la Cruz and Santa Cruz.
- Tenerife is an authentic paradise for Windsurfing and Scuba diving.
- The international attractions, excellent restaurants, cafés and other facilities of Puerta de la Cruz all contribute to its busy air. The island has good transport connections, especially with the Spanish peninsula, by sea and air links.