Learning to Speak Spanish in Madrid
"Welcome to Madrid, the capital of Spain since 1562; it is a monumental city, with a wide cultural offer: museums, parks, art galleries,… Famous for its vivid nightlife, combines modern theatres with pubs, sharing the streets with old style bars with the reminiscences and charm of old Austria’s Dynasty. The hospitality and warm character of its people will make it easy for you to make new friends. We are waiting for you to share this marvelous experience."
Head of Studies of our school in Madrid
The school is located in the heart of Madrid, in the freshly renovated building that houses our Madrid don Quijote student residence. The school is ideally located in the center of the city, surrounded by good shopping, including Spain's largest department store, El Corte Ingles, and a variety of bars and restaurants, from typical tapas bars to restaurants offering international cuisine. Best of all, with the local metro station located right at the school's front door, the entire city is yours to explore easily and conveniently when you study at don Quijote Madrid.
Relax in the lounge in a cosy atmosphere
Break: "So... where shall we go tonight?"
Reasons to study Spanish in Madrid
- Population: 3.600.000 aprox.
- Location: centre of Spain (in the region of the same name).
- The capital of Spain and the home of the Spanish Royal Family.
- Madrid has an international airport.
- It is a city full of contrast where the old town and its character mix perfectly with the modern architecture.
- Madrid has a remarkable collection of museums (the Prado, The Thyssen Museum, the Reina Sofía Museum, etc) and art galleries.
- If you need to relax, you can take a stroll or just lie on the grass in the most popular and authentic of Madrid’s parks: the Retiro (119 hectares with 15.000 trees).
- Nightlife is an essential part of the city: you can find hundreds of pubs and bars, traffic jams at 4 a.m., lights, shows… There are several parts of the city for going out, each with its own particular style.
- Madrid has over 54.000 shops, where you can find everything you want.
- In the province of Madrid, the famous Escorial monastery, where the kings of Spain are buried, is not be missed.
- Due to its ventral location, you can visit a lot of Spanish cities without travelling for hours and hours. In one hour you can be in Avila, Toledo, Segovia, and Aranjuez.
- Madrid is the most cosmopolitan of cities, combining the very best features of any notable European city. There is a fully interactive atmosphere, huge green areas and a continuous flow of business people and students. The nightlife is particularly lively and you will also see a lot of traditional bars. Madrid is well worth visiting and getting lost in if you enjoy a unique experience.